The signs of aging become the enemy to some people who want to maintain a more youthful appearance. It’s common knowledge that most aging signs primarily show on the forehead. To reverse the skin back to its original form, microneedling has become a holy grail treatment since it’s a chemical-free solution to help the forehead wrinkles.
Microneedling deals with the process in which hundreds of “microneedles” are rolled on the forehead and create a tiny controlled puncture on the skin. The produced injuries ignite the body’s innate healing process and boost collagen and elastin production. This will result in firmer skin underneath the forehead, and the wrinkles appear reduced.
What Are The Factors That Contribute Wrinkles and The Loss of Collagen?
Knowing why signs of aging occur is already one thing, but learning how to avoid it is another thing. Below are the factors that contribute to wrinkles and loss of collagen.
- Anyone who works outdoors
- Playing outdoors sports: volleyball, golf, water sports, baseball, etc.
- Diseases and/or Disorders
- Sun and tanning beds
- Improper diet
- Pulling on the skin
- Sleeping with face buried in a pillow
- Smoking/ Excessive drinking
- Resting the chin in the hands
- Rubbing the eyes excessively
- Type I and II people on the Fitzpatrick scale
- Unhealthy lifestyles
- Weight gain and weight loss
How Microneedling Helps With Forehead Wrinkles?
Microneedling can do wonders for the skin in retaining that youthful and smooth appearance. Microneedling on the forehead will result in the following:
- Collagen and elastin production will increase, appearing a more plump and youthful skin.
- Wrinkles on the forehead will begin to reduce with a few uses.
- The forehead’s skin will become tight and rejuvenated.
- The forehead’s dead skin will be removed, and new skin cells will be formed.
- The forehead’s skin will appear smooth and beautiful.
What Are The Benefits of Microneedling?
Minimizes the Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Due to premature aging, fine lines and wrinkles make a person look older than the actual age. The slight injuries caused by microneedling stimulate collagen and elastin production, reducing the fine lines and wrinkles appearance.
Since microneedling boosts collagen and elastin production, it’s also effective in treating scars like acne scars. On the other hand, keloid or raised scar can’t be treated with microneedling.
Reduces Sun Damage Appearance
Minimizing the appearance of sun damage (for example, hyperpigmentation and age spots) is what microneedling can do. Suppose a person has blotchy, brownish skin with too much sun exposure. Since microneedling stimulates collagen production, this procedure can rejuvenate and even out the skin tone.
Fine lines and wrinkles don’t only present aging. With age, the skin loses its elasticity, making it look lax. The skin, as we age, may also have a dull appearance, and microneedling can alter this.
Microneedling punches tiny holes in the skin, but it doesn’t increase the size of the pores; instead, it helps shrink the pores. The area around the pores plumps after stimulating the collagen around it, making the pore almost disappear.
What Can Microneedling Treat?
Microneedling is usually used on the face to treat:
- acne scars
- age spots (also known as sunspots)
- fine lines and wrinkles
- large pores
- reduced skin elasticity
- uneven skin tone
In addition to these facial skin concerns, microneedling is sometimes used to treat stretch marks in particular body parts. One study shows that microneedling effectively treated stretch marks on the thighs and abdominal area, combined with fillers.
Although microneedling is primarily used to treat facial skin concerns, this procedure may also treat scarring on other body areas.
Who Should Not Receive The Microneedling Treatment?
An ideal candidate for microneedling is a healthy adult, but here are people who should not receive microneedling:
- Are pregnant or nursing;
- People with acne scars, chickenpox scars, and scars from surgery;
- Those who have picked at pimples and scabs, creating scars and pits;
- People with nasolabial wrinkles, as well as smokers and laugh lines;
- Those with chest, neck, knee, arm, and hand wrinkles;
- Those new scars (less than six months old) or using products with Retinoids or Vitamin A byproducts.
How Many Microneedling Sessions Are Needed To Achieve The Tightened Skin?
The number of microneedling treatments would depend on the first being the results being attained, and the subsequent being which part of the body the treatment is to be done on. A few microneedling sessions will strikingly reduce the forehead’s fine lines and deep wrinkles.
For other body parts that have wrinkles, depending on their condition, patients may require 4 to 8 microneedling treatments to accomplish the tight, youthful-looking skin.
What Are Possible Effects Of Microneedling?
Just like all other cosmetic procedures, microneedling comes with risk. One of this procedure’s most common side effects is minor skin irritation, immediately noticeable right after. Also, there may be some redness for the next few days.
It is advisable to call a doctor in case one of these severe side effects may be experienced:
What Are The Aftercare Instructions After Microneedling?
After most microneedling treatments, the essential aftercare instructions to keep in mind.
- Not to put any makeup on during the hours directly after the procedure.
- Some minor redness and sensitive areas may be expected after the procedure.
- Avoid exfoliating the skin with any scrubs.
- Wear sunscreen is a must for any aesthetic treatment the weeks after your system.
- Make sure to keep the skin hydrated by using hydrating lotion or serum.
The sensitive skin will soothe and heal after a few days. The provider may also suggest medical-grade skincare with a serum to enhance the treatment as the skin will have a more significant outcome.
Microneedling reduces the unwanted appearance of forehead lines, leaving you with excellent results. It is minimally invasive, has been proven to rejuvenate the skin, and has a much faster recovery time than many skin treatments. Signature Aesthetics offers Microneedling, a device containing a group of microneedles that vibrates across the skin surface, creating micro punctures and boosting collagen and elastin production.
Ultimately, microneedling enriches the body’s natural processes as hundreds of micro punctures stimulate collagen and elastin production, which plays a crucial role in developing youthful and healthy skin.